WordPress is an online platform for developing websites. It is an open source platform meaning that it is FREE and is supported by a wide range of developers. It is used by an estimated 25% of the websites in the world. Being open source, your website is transportable to any hosting company, like 24-7 Webs, that supports the necessary infrastructure for WordPress hosting. There are thousands of templates available for WordPress ranging from free, to costing over $100 each. As well, there are thousands of plugins available to enhance your site including stats programs, shopping carts, ecommerce products, security programs and lots more. Many of these are also free.
You can get a WordPress site through WordPress.com or install the software on your own account, downloading the software from WordPress.org. Some professional hosting companies will also install and secure the WordPress software for you for a fee ranging from about $20 to $100.
The following tutorials are meant to assist you in various aspects of WordPress on 24-7 Webs servers. These are very basic tutorials with some information unique to 24-7 Webs servers. For support on more advanced topics you can do a web search or use the forums at wordpress.com. If you are a 24-7 Webs customer, you may also contact us here.
- How to Install WordPress on your 24-7 Webs Account
- How to Configure Your WordPress 4 Settings
- Your WordPress 4 Profile and Password
- How to Change your Header in WordPress 4
- Managing Categories in WordPress 4
- How to Post an article or blog entry in WordPress 4
- How to Manage Users in WordPress 4
- How to Manage Pages in WordPress 4
- How to Manage Plugins in WordPress 4
- How to Write a Comment in WordPress 4
- How to Update WordPress 4